Why inspect your roof regularly? To nip issues in the bud, of course!
A regular flat roof inspection, performed by an experienced roofing professional will keep your roof healthy and reduce the incidence of costly (and unplanned) flat roof repair or replacement.
Your roof is one of the most important and perhaps most overlooked component of your building. As they say, ‘out of sight, out of mind,’ and this is commonly the case when it comes to roofing maintenance. This often leads to building owners overlooking the importance of having their roof inspected regularly.
- Identify minor repairs: Wear and tear is normal. The trick is to identify minor flat roof issues and repair them before they become bigger and more expensive problems down the road.
- Check for seasonal damage: Depending on the time of year, your roof needs to be inspected for specific seasonal damage.
- Cleaning: You never know what the wind will blow onto your roof. Regular clean-up of garbage and debris can prevent potential drainage clogs or damage caused by high winds.
- Security: Your roof is often a targeted access point for thieves looking to break into your building. Regular inspections provide the opportunity to check roof hatches and other access points to ensure they are locked and secured.
- Vandalism: Depending on location and accessibility, your roof may also be a target for vandals. Vandals cannot only cause damage to your roof but can also target it for graffiti.
- Drain cleaning: Your drains and gutters require regular care to ensure they are working effectively. Poor drainage can “leak” (pun intended) into a whole host of issues.
- Leak detection: It is important to be proactive and detect potential leaks before they happen. Leaks are a sign that a larger issue may be present in your building. Preventing them from happening will remove both the headache and costs associated with them.
- Extend its lifespan: Regular roof inspections will help extend the lifespan of your roof. A regular maintenance schedule helps minimize wear and tear and address potential issues before they become large problems.
- Save money: Having your roof regularly inspected is a major factor in saving money on roofing repairs and maintenance over the long term.
- Peace of Mind: As a building owner, there is nothing worse than the unknown. Regular roof inspections ensure that you know the current state of your roof and what course of action is required (if any) to make it safe and secure.
How often should a roof be inspected?
Facility managers and building owners need to make roofing maintenance a priority. It is recommended to have your roof inspected twice per year – once during the summer and once during the winter.
Time for a Roof Inspection? Get a FREE Healthy Roof Report.
Book our Healthy Roof Inspection, and you’ll know exactly what’s happening up on your roof. We’ll inspect your roof and provide a written report.Don’t wait ‘til it leaks! Book an inspection or call us at 866-248-9488 or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You might also like to read our blog article How Preventive Roof Maintenance Saves Money.